Monday, December 3, 2007

Things that diminish with time

During childhood whatever seems to be scary and magnifying diminish once we grow. Probably when you reach your late 20s what you feared the most happens to be the minutest thing. My son happens to study in my school, whenever I visit him for lunch breaks and parents staff meeting, those scary classrooms give me absolute belonging and a comfort feeling, my son would surely differ though. Everyday in the morning, the first thing he says is I don’t want go to school mummy! I won’t blame him, I remember saying the same things to my mom, at least he doesn’t throw tantrums the way I used to.

Images crumble and things diminish with time. Heroes become zeroes. Friends turn foes and enemies seem to look more soothing than ever. Way back in class IV I used to dread one teacher, she used to scare the daylights out of me. The same teacher now looks frail and my feelings for her has changed, after all she needs care and help. I could probably say the bad diminishes in stature so is the good reduced over time. But the ghost of many other teachers – some beloved others feared walks with me every time I walk across my school corridor. That was the place where I used to stand for talking in the class and that was the room where we use to bunk language classes. Time dwarfs images and what seems of immense magnitude as a child, seems of no consequence to an adult eye.

3 comments:

None said...

Visiting one's old school is a joy and a reality check. Keep writing.

Prabhakar said...

How true!

Joy deep Majumder said...

"Images crumble and things diminish with time. Heroes become zeroes. Friends turn foes and enemies seem to look more soothing than ever"

Yes.. we all go through these paradigm shifts as we connect more with ourselves and the life outsides..its amazing how we can all do this magical transitions...but only a few realize that they are actually evolving..chaging ..changes which are often very subtle..yet powerful...

and yes in my case...some zeroes have also become heroes..

:)nice posts keep writing...