Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Faking pride!

Something which I wanted to ask for a long time, its hitting my head hard, even if they mistake me I really don’t mind not that I don’t care of what people think but I need to mention this. What is this idea of living abroad, all those who have lived in India for so long just change when they happen to go abroad for whatever reasons, they speak as if they have been born and brought there (some cheap foreign land). One friend who has spent half her years says Chennai is superficial, what exactly is superficial. I don’t know. Why can’t you talk about the kind of living you are in, not surely the one you always enjoyed here (In India).

Also it is ridiculous when US returns talk about grocery shopping or laundry like things as if we never do it here, is it something very exciting to share? I don’t tell you I went to Murugan Idly kadai or Lifestyle for shopping. Gave 2 pants, 3 shirts and many underwears for laundry. I hate to hear these things, but the fact is what I hate the most, I hear it everyday!

I feel they people enjoy false pride or if they feel they are making me feel low or jealous, just for their information, I just laugh inside. Nothing else. Tell you it’s sometime damn humourous to watch these people making a fool of themselves. Hey there is so much of traffic, pollution, corruption, blah blah!! Aren’t you a part of all these!!!

1 comment:

Lakshmy Venkiteswaran said...

I lived in Boston-USA for 2 years and trust me when I tell u this - I wish I could relive it all again! Those were the best years of my life.....as yet! I don't know wat other 'US-returns' say but when I talk about grocery-shopping, its certainly not like the one you do here. Also laundry there means washing your clothes in the washing machine. Believe me its a chore, especially if ur a student and living alone.

Having said all this, I'd also like you to know that Indians are so much pampered and taken care of here, that its truly an eye-opener wen u settle there. I'm not saying what we do is any less or that life in Chennai is bad. Its just that life there is different and one cannot understand that feeling until one has actaully lived there. Not just stayed there for a holiday but actually lived there for a while.

I'm sure there r people who talk like they lived on the bloody moon. I cannot talk for them. My experience has been nothing short of wonderful and if anyone were to ask me to describe my life in USA, one full day wouldn't be enough! THAT much fun I had there! God Bless America!