Sunday, October 14, 2007

Movies that rankle in my mind

Week before last it was the Exorcism of Emily Rose, a true life story of a 19-year-old girl possessed by six demons. The movie really shook me, still can’t get over few scenes, feel very scared to go to the bathroom, the funniest part is I ask my hubby to stand outside till I finish my chores. Actually scared everyone in the office by talking about the movie.

Lakshmy, my friend yelled at me saying because of me she was not able to attend the nature’s call. Another friend and I kept watching ghost trailers. I am petrified about their very existence but I still don’t ignore them. Some weird feelings creep in when I watch those spooky stuff, do I like them or am I just wailing away the time! I really don’t know.

Last night I watched Laaga Chuneri Mein Daag, a concept which was done way back in 1970s, now rediscovered by Pradeep Sarkar. The famous Kollywood director K Balachander has done lots of movies with the same story line: The girl who sacrifices herself for the family. In short, turns a prostitute to save her family from poverty. A director who was ahead of his times.

Pradeep Sarkar has not done anything new to the movie. It actually should be named Laaga Chuneri Se Bhaag! Anyway I don’t intend to do a review of the movie, the point is after a long time I watched a night show. Great theatre, warm company and pretty Konkana.

****

Learnt few things over the weekend, my friend has come from London, we had invited him for dinner, a true friend who has been with me through thick and thin. In fact how much ever I ignore him rather try to ignore, he is one guy who puts up with me, why should be so nice to me, I am not that perfect a friend.
As we were talking about our stay in Sri Lanka, casually I had asked him about his dogs: Betty and Rocky. Rocky is a real rock star, he loves handbags and dhuppatas. He said he had given Rocky to his friend, asked whether he visited him this time, he said ‘No’ and ‘No’ because dogs when they see their old masters, they might go into a depression. Amazing that dogs are this emotional, actually I must say they are more emotional than humans. Just think about it, a dog getting depressed, I believe it will start thinking about the days it had spent with its old master and might even die. God! Love, affection and loyalty does persist, no matter what you are.

2 comments:

Raghu said...

Why watch horror movies at all and suffer the consequences?

I used to watch a lot of them when I was young, because I always had my elder brother with me who used to bring me back to normalcy.

I don't believe in ghosts or demons, but movies can really influence your emotions, I never watch scary movies when I am alone, tough to even go to bed!

Anonymous said...

I am final, I am sorry, but this variant does not approach me.