Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ghosts – Do they exist or not!

It was a nice evening, we were listening to RD Burman songs, talking about Kishore Kumar, my friend proudly exhibiting his knowledge about old Hindi songs. From nowhere they started talking about ghosts, each one narrating their experiences. Real spooky, I was getting goosebumps. Started in his bedroom, then dinner table and continued till I left his place at 12 in the night. Pleaded them to stop, I guess they were too engrossed. I didn’t want to hear and at the same time it was too interesting to pretend as if I didn’t want to.

Ghosts – from childhood I feared them, I have heard enough stories. As I am writing, I feel a little eerie. Lights are still not on in office, chose to write about them when my colleague is sitting next to me, some moral support. If I tell I don’t believe in them, they may appear. Frankly speaking, I know they are there. As long as they don’t possess me, I am fine. The fear is more in the nights, after the lights are off, I feel somebody is standing next to me. Honestly, not joking at all. I never turn to the right side because I feel they are right there.

Coming back to that evening, they could have spoken about anything, as if there was nothing else to talk about. Deliberately, my friend went on and on. In fact, my bed which was little close to the window has been pulled in the front. My friend told me she stayed in a haunted house and could hear wild noises from the window. Everyday I move my bed, little by little, my husband thinks I am nuts and says you are the biggest ghost, why should they be behind you. Ha ha ha. Easy for him to say, it is only me who is going through this. He sleeps like a log. In fact, I get good sleep only after 4 am.

The definition of ghosts: A ghost is defined as the apparition of a deceased person, frequently similar in appearance to that person, and encountered in places she or he frequented, or in association with the person’s former belongings. The word "ghost" may also refer to the spirit or soul of a deceased person, or to any spirit or demon.

Ghosts are often associated with haunting, which is, according to the Parapsychological Association, “the more or less regular occurrence of paranormal phenomena associated with a particular locality (especially a building) and usually attributed to the activities of a discarnate entity; the phenomena may include apparitions, poltergeist disturbances, cold drafts, sounds of footsteps and voices, and various smell.”
Seriously asking, they are around right?

1 comment:

Lakshmy Venkiteswaran said...

Absofuckinlutely yeah! Have never seen a ghost, thank God, but have felt several times. Its just a feeling of someone watching you... Scary but I also know that ghosts never do anything to people believe in the power of prayers. I don't visit temples nor do I chant mantras evryday but I believe in God. That belief alone has been protecting me.....So far so gud!